Honda offers a wide variety of accessories to complement your water pump.
See all pump accessories
Honda's hose kits offer a great convenience and value. These kits offer everything necessary to use your pump, including:
- Suction hose
- Discharge hose
- Any couplers or adaptors required
You can also build your own hose kit using a wide array of available hoses and adaptors.
Pin Lug vs. Camlock Hoses
Hose assemblies come in two general types: pin lug and camlock. The essential difference is how they connect to the pump.
Pin lug hoses are threaded onto the pump, kind of like a garden hose.
- May need a spanner wrench to tighten the pin lug couplings and help to install or remove hoses.
- Pin lug hoses also have an additional threaded end, which means you can connect an additional pin lug hose for added length.
Camlock hoses use a “quick connect” system that locks on to the pump.
- Camlock hoses are easier to attach and detach from the pump.
Camlock hoses have a quick connect system that make it easy to attach to a pump.
Couplers and Adaptors
Couplers and adaptors are used to connect the hose to either a pump or another hose. If you choose to purchase a boxed Honda hose kit, all the couplers and adaptors needed will be included.
If you prefer to build your hoses from scratch, you can find a wide variety of couplers available at your local Honda dealer.
Other Pump Accessories
- Extra gaskets are good to keep on hand. This is a part that can be easily lost, but is necessary for the hose assembly to work properly.
- Honda sells two types of hose nozzles, a polycarbonate and a brass version. Both have very similar performance; however, brass is more durable.
- Pipe nipples are used to connect a strainer to a hose. (Both pipe nipples and strainers are included in all of Honda hose kits.)
Want more help deciding what you need? Find a local Honda dealer here.