About Honda Power Equipment
Honda's commitment to creating products that improve the quality of people's lives goes well beyond automobiles and motorcycles. Since 1953, Honda has manufactured over 100 million power products worldwide. Honda continues to be a leader in the development of low-emission, fuel efficient, environmentally friendly 4-stroke engines for use in generators, water pumps, lawn mowers, outboard motors, and many other power equipment applications.
Honda Power Equipment, with headquarters in Alpharetta, Georgia, consists of three distinct operating units: Honda Power Equipment, Honda Marine, and Honda Engines. The division's products, including engines, generators, lawn mowers, pumps, snow blowers, tillers, trimmers, and marine engines, are assembled in Honda plants in the United States and around the world.
Honda Power Equipment offers more than 60 models in six major product families:
- Generators: from 1,000 watts to 10,000 watts in models designed for residential, recreational, and industrial applications.
- Lawn Mowers: 21-inch push-type and self-propelled models for premium residential and commercial gardening applications. Honda's full line of lawn mowers meets rigorous California Air Resources Board (CARB) standards, ensuring their availability and regulatory compliance in all 50 states.
- Pumps: a wide variety of general de-watering, multi-purpose, commercial, and submersible models with discharge capacities from 37 to 433 gallons per minute.
- Snow blowers: wheel drive, track drive, and lightweight models capable of moving from 46.3 to 91.0 tons of snow per hour.
- Tillers: mini- mid- and rear-tine models.
- Trimmers: three trimmer models in a variety of trim heads, engine sizes, and handle design choices.
Honda Power Equipment boasts a network of thousands of independent dealers throughout the United States, offering consumers exceptional support and expertise. Honda products can also be found at Home Depot and thousands of rental outlets across the country.
Honda began manufacturing small engines for use in power equipment products in 1953. In 1973 Honda introduced Honda Generators, Tillers and Outboards into the U.S. Market. Water Pumps were added to the Power Equipment lineup in 1975, followed by Lawn Mowers in 1979. Four years later, Honda snow blowers were added to the product lineup.
In 2015, Honda celebrated a significant milestone: over 40 million satisfied Power Equipment customers in the United States.
Manufacturing and R&D
Honda Power Equipment products are assembled at 11 Honda manufacturing facilities around the world, including Honda Power Equipment Mfg., Inc., located in Swepsonville, North Carolina. Research, development, and testing activities are conducted at Honda R&D Americas, Inc., also located in North Carolina, and Honda R&D Co., Ltd., in Japan.
Honda Power Equipment Mfg., Inc. (HPE) has boosted its general purpose engine production to 1,500,000 engines per year for use by Honda and other manufacturers.
In addition to engines, HPE produces Honda lawn mowers, snow blowers, pumps, tillers, and string trimmers.
Honda's North Carolina Research and Development Center is an 11,000 square foot facility established in 1993 that conducts product engineering, prototype development, and testing of power equipment products.
Information for media regarding Honda products is available at www.hondanews.com.